Friday 16 September 2011

Awards.....and New Voices

It has been a busy week.  It kicked off with the launch of Mills & Boon New Voices 2011 competition - much trepidation when I pressed the 'enter' button.  But as I've mention previously, I think it will be a tremendous experience.  I've already had some great comments, with constructive criticism which I am keen to feed back into my writing.  Please check the comments & the chapter out if you have time! It's called 'Her Dangerous Defiance'.

I'm so grateful to everyone who has commented so far, including some published authors; I feel that the writing community is unequalled for generosity of time and encouragement.
I have been snowed under with other work, so writing has taken a back seat... but I am so keen to get on with the rest of the story, especially now some of the weaknesses have been highlighted!

It was a lovely surprise this week to receive not one, but two awards from the lovely K.T. Hanna!  These were The Versatile Blogger and The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.  Thank you SO MUCH K.T.






Different rules apply to each, so here goes...
Sweet -
1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this award to five new blogging friends
4. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers

Versatile -

1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!


So here are 7 random facts...
1. I love cats (as you can see from my blog!)
2. My favourite holiday place is Italy
3. I work as a freelance technical author when I'm not writing
4. I studied the piano up to grade 7 but now just have a guitar
5. My first writing submission (a thriller) was when I was 14 years old
6.  I love spending friday evenings cooking with my real life hero
7. I believe you have to follow your dreams, because no-one else is going to do it for you!


I've only recently started blogging, and following others, but here's a few I've found -
1. The Pink Heart Society
2. Lacey Devlin
3. Romance Book Paradise
4. Rach Writes
5. Love and Chocolate
6. Leah Ashton
7. Delicious Tampa
8. Monty and Rosie
9. John Avery Books
10. Help I Need a Publisher
11. John Lavan
12. Independent Author Network
13. Doreen McGettigan
14.Kimberly Van Meter
15. Still Moments Publishing


Phew!  Now I've got to let them all know!
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susie, wow, thanks so much for my award! And congrats on receiving it yourself :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award, Susie! Thank you for nominating me. It's so wonderful that some M&B authors have found their way to your entry. You must be thrilled :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on receiving the award Susie! And thanks for awarding me!

    All the very best for your NV entry!

    ReplyDelete